Enquiries can be made at the Information Desk or by phoning 02 6659 3232.
Borrowing at Coffs Harbour
|Membership category||No. of items||Loan period||Renewals|
|TAFE student||20||2 weeks||6|
|TAFE staff||Unlimited||4 weeks||6|
|Senior college student||20||2 weeks||6|
|Senior college staff||Unlimited||4 weeks||6|
- Present your ID card when borrowing from the Library
- Return all items on or before the due date to avoid fines and penalties
- The Library remains open during holidays, so make sure that borrowed items are returned before the holidays or are renewed while you are away
- The Library sends email reminders about your loans before they are due, so ensure the Library has your current email address
- Keep your fines below $20 to retain your borrowing privileges and at the end of the year your fines will be waived
Borrowed items will be automatically renewed, except under any of the following conditions:
- the item is overdue
- the item is reserved by another borrower
- your borrowing rights have been suspended
- the item has already been renewed six times
For more information please contact the Library:
- During Library opening hours, please return your loans through the returns chute located at the Information Desk. After hours, please use the outside chute near the Library entrance.
Overdue items and sanctions
- A fine accrues on overdue items at the rate of 50 cents per item per day after a 7 day fine-free period.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended when fines reach $20.
- Fines of $19 or less will be waived at the end of each year.
How do I pay my fines
- Fines for overdue items can be paid at the Information Desk in the Library. The Library only accepts cash for payment of fines.
If an item is always on loan when you need it, you can reserve it via the catalogue.
- Go to the catalogue and sign in
- Find the item you would like to request
- Click on 'Find'
- Click on "+" to see all copies at all campuses.
- Click on 'Request a loan' or 'Request a photocopy' under the request options
- Select a pickup location and click 'Request'
- You will be contacted when the item becomes available
Prescribed textbooks and other resources that are in high demand are placed in the Open Reserve collection on Level 1. Items in this collection are available for in-house use only.