Enquiries can be made at the Information Desk or by phoning 02 6659 3232.
Borrowing at Coffs Harbour
|Membership category||No. of items||Loan period||Renewals|
|TAFE student||20||2 weeks||6|
|TAFE staff||Unlimited||4 weeks||6|
|Senior college student||20||2 weeks||6|
|Senior college staff||Unlimited||4 weeks||6|
- Present your ID card when borrowing from the Library
- Return all items on or before the due date to avoid fines and penalties
- The Library remains open during holidays, so if you are going away make sure that borrowed items are returned before the holidays
- The Library sends email reminders about your loans before they are due, so ensure the Library has your current email address
- Keep your fines below $20 to retain your borrowing privileges and at the end of the year your fines will be waived
Borrowed items will be automatically renewed, except under any of the following conditions:
- the item is overdue
- the item is reserved by another borrower
- your borrowing rights have been suspended
- the item has already been renewed six times
For more information please contact the Library:
- During Library opening hours, please return your loans through the returns chute located at the Information Desk. After hours, please use the outside chute near the Library entrance.
Overdue items and sanctions
- A fine accrues on overdue items at the rate of 50 cents per item per day after a 7 day fine-free period.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended when fines reach $20.
- Fines of $19 or less will be waived at the end of each year.
How do I pay my fines
- Fines for overdue items can be paid at the Information Desk in the Library. The Library only accepts cash for payment of fines.
- Electronic payments can be made by visiting the SCU Student Hub.
If an item is always on loan when you need it, you can reserve it via the catalogue.
- Go to the catalogue and sign in
- Find the item you would like to request
- Click on Availability information (e.g. "Available at Coffs Harbour...")
- Click on the 'Request' link, above the Locations information
- Select pickup Location and click 'Send request'
- You will be contacted by email when the item becomes available
- SMS service: If we have your mobile phone number and that's your preferred contact, you will also receive an SMS.
Prescribed textbooks and other resources that are in high demand are placed in the Open Reserve collection on Level 1. Items in this collection are available for in-house use only.